Sunday, July 12, 2015

Are there SHARKS in these waters?!

Image courtesy of skeeze at Pixabay.com

What is it about sharks that fascinates us so?  I myself am not a surfer.  I don't own a boat.  I live two hours inland for Pete's sake.  And yet every year, Shark Week will conquer my DVR like Genghis Khan. Those Xmas movies I never got around to watching last year are about to be replaced by 'The Great White Serial Killer'.  No really, that's one of the shows this year.  It was captivating!

People watch a lot of murderous programming.  We certainly don't mind viewing the darker side of humanity from the safety of our living rooms.  Besides, they always catch the bad guy so we're safe to roam about the city.  But let's talk about sharks.  The planet is 70% water and we have devoted an entire week to scaring ourselves out of it.  That's morbid.


Image courtesy of alondav at Pixabay.com

Can we also talk about the divers that don't use shark cages?!  They built that cage for a reason.  They call it a shark cage for a reason.  You refusing to use it demonstrates a lack of reason.  And that my friends is called entertainment value.  Will he or won't he get eaten?

Might as well just pin a medal on that dorsal fin because the sharks always win.  When a pedestrian almost gets hit by a car, that's called a near miss and everyone goes on their merry way.  When some dumb lucky human successfully fends off a shark, the shark still wins because it will come back, only a bit more pissy.  Does anyone have a bigger boat I can borrow?  I'm asking...



http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! Follow me on Twitter @genclever