Monday, August 24, 2015

Gig Bless Us, Every One...

Image courtesy of geralt at Pixabay.com

Once upon a time 
I traveled store to store.  Nowadays I one stop shop:  veggies aisle one, curtains aisle four.
When I lost my way I'd consult giant maps, which I never could fold, only wad in my lap.  
Now I can make calls or send texts, while I drive
Multitasking technology keeps me alive.
When I get where I'm going the car does its own parking.
It charges and self navigates each embarking.
If I get home late and it's past dinner time, I just send emoji and pizza is mine!
What's on tv I never need know, because magic devices record all my shows.  

For every desire there's most surely an app
All our wishes, whims, wants with simply a tap
Instant gratification is our new motto
With the time we're all saving, Oh the places we'll go!
I'd like to go camping but there's no wifi 
What good are pictures of a brilliant night sky
If I cannot tweet them or share them for likes?
No Snapchat of marshmallows?  Seems a bit trite.
Off I must go, I've no more time for typing.  While I'm writing this poem, I could be off Skyping.
Thank the batteries and chargers that make my life happen
And may gigs bless this grid we've so foolishly fastened.



A poem by Gen Clever

2 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! Follow me on Twitter @genclever