Thursday, February 5, 2015

Why is the Silent Treatment so Funny?

Awwww is someone not talking to you?  Not to worry.  When you find yourself in this situation, fear not, for there is nothing to do but be amused...


Flckr image from page 106 of "Building and Engineering Catalog 1921 Edition" No known copyright restrictions

Turn down the volume and prepare for the LOLs:


~ The silent treatment is chocked full of physical exertion.  Yes I see you walking by,
    shuffling things and slamming doors, all in your relentless pursuit of being seen but not heard.  

~ Silence is quiet and doesn't interrupt me while I'm speaking.   Pity.

~ Silence can't resolve our differences.  We can't work it out over a warm cup of silence.

~ Silence punishes you way more than me.  You keep working hard to prove your point
    and I'll just be over here doin' my thang.

~ Silence is golden.  Gold has value.  Accept the payment as restitution.


The silent treatment speaks volumes about the imposer.  Mostly it says that they are a passive-aggressive abusive narcissist with extreme emotional dysfunction and you'd do well to try to remember that the next time you speak to them. LOL

What will you do next time someone stops talking to you?  I'm asking...

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the silence..... If you are not talking to me because your upset with me and I continue to attempt talking to you then you need to understand that I have no clue what or if I have done something to warrant the scorn. At my age pettiness has no place. Like the good book says: “If someone is not treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you. If that person doesn't walk away, you will surely endure many years of suffering with him or her. Walking away may hurt for a while, but your heart will eventually heal. Then you can choose what you really want. You will find that you don't need to trust others as much as you need to trust yourself to make the right choices.”
    ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
    That is my .02 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I too find so much wisdom in The Four Agreements. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Follow me on Twitter @genclever